The South Metro Fire Department closed its most recent firefighter application process in the fall of 2012. We have established an eligibility list that we expect to be valid for one to two years.
Should you desire to apply with us in the future, please keep these minimum qualifications in mind:
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Minnesota or National Registry E.M.T. Certificate
- Current state or DOD Fire Fighter II Certification
- Valid Drivers License
- Two years experience as a paid on-call structural firefighter or one year experience as a career structural firefighter
- Minnesota State firefighter license or the ability to become licensed within one year of hiring.
- Successful completion of National Registry Emergency Medical Technician Certification is required within one (1) year of hire date
Desired qualifications include:
- A.A. Degree in Fire Protection/Fire Science
These qualifications are subject to change at any time, based on the needs of the department.
South Metro Fire does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. EOE/AA